MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, May 28, 2015

NEAT (OR ODD) NYC AND BROOKLYN THINGS

Yes.....I am back from my last GREAT vacation and ready to share some cool stuff and some weird stuff too......I had someone ask me WHY would I share this info? Well.....because I believe that design is all around us, and I think we need to take note! So here are some neat-o things:
Not sure how Brooklyn Bill in his undies makes me want to buy electronics.....but....

Macy's Brooklyn elevators......WOW!
I still love this.......Tom Otterness has created fantastic work (not that he needs my promotion - as he is acclaimed worldwide)!  "Life Underground" is part of the permanent public artwork  commissioned by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's Arts for Transit program!

GET THAT TTC???? MORE PUBLIC ART IN STATIONS PLEASE........
Adorbs!
GIANT CROC!!!!
I guess there are like 100 pieces scattered around the station!!


LOVE IT!

WASHINGton Heights?
haa...get it??
Yes....I bought myself a t-swift shirt!!!
(oh no wait.....they are spandex - did I mention that???)
Redundant?
(Sorry for the crass Lesbian joke - I am sure I am NOT the first to make it though ;-)


Fork in the a-s-s.
I've a fork in the a-s-s.
(sing it to the tune of Bruce's biggest hit!!)

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES!
WELCOME TO CONEY ISLAND.........
...um...okay.....it's like the gayest Esther Williams extravaganza.....
I call this one "Pedophire"!
Seriously.....am I the only one creeped out by the pant-less fireman with the 'stache?
THIS is why I love New Yorkers!!
(It was about 14 degrees!)

Free sand scrub facial with each beach trip!!

Hello creepy clown man.
HELLO creepy manaquin lady.

I LOVE AN OLD COASTER!!!!

This was the boardwalk bathrooms.
NEAT!

There was a flock of police people there.
Not sure why.

SPEAKING OF CREEPY FACES...........
This guy is plastered everywhere! He makes me a little uncomfortable.....
and a little intrigued. he seems like the kind of guy with secrets......

There he is again.....this time in neon!

AAAAARRRGG!! You cannot escape his pervy glance!
Here he is made of spangles.....

DANG!
Missed stuffing my face with weiners by a month!!!

LOVE THIS SIGN!
(there are more signs on my INSTAGRAM feed !)
OKAY back to Brooklyn.....

LOVE this tile work - word play!!!!

LOVE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a little obsessed with asking my husband if we could go to the Jimmy Jazz.
(Evidently it got a bit tiring...but say it! Jimmy Jazz!! Illiteration is fun!!)
This crazy dental sign....

LOVe this font!

Street art! WOW!

This guy was in a Brooklyn playground! I wanted to get a picture riding it.....
BUT decided a grown adult with NO CHILD in a playground is already a bit suspect!

Let's go to The Luv N Oven.......I love the rhyming....but it sounds kinda dirty.....

Important African Americans in history..........
YOU'RE FIRED!

A-MAH-ZING mural!!!! I totally need to do a poster like THIS!

GREAT VAN!!!!!

YUP! Even in Brooklyn I cannot escape this big dummy.
Coincidentally he was on a sewage tank runny from the bathroom I was in!

This is what greeted us upon arrive to Brooklyn!
SUCH A GREAT WELCOME!
There you go....a bunch of stuff to see in Brooklyn and NYC.
I will be doing a special #WonderfulWednesday post all about New York next week with more....
But for now, I leave you to get back to work!!!
Later Gaters!


No comments:

Post a Comment