MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, June 13, 2014

TORONTO OUTDOOR ART EXHIBITION 2014

Hey Howdy folks!
I wanted to share more info about my next big show.
Now……first let me tell you all about The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition:


The 53rd T.O.A.E. is at Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West
It runs.....rain or shine…..(but hopefully mostly SHINE)….

Friday, July 4: 10:30 am- 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 5: 10:30 am- 7:30 pm
Sunday, July 6: 10:30 am- 6:30 pm

About 350ish artists are chosen from about 1300 eager artist applicants! As one of the largest of its kind in Canada, the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition offers a fresh-air and free alternative to conventional art shows and galleries. Side by side, established artists, undiscovered talents and innovative students sell their work directly to the public and make lasting connections with art dealers and collectors.

A catalogue featuring the art will be available on the TOAE website VERY SOON!.
I am grateful to be a part of the leaner - more easily navigated version of this show! 
This will be my 9th showing at TOAE since 2004.
Which is pretty good (insert pat on back here ;-)
I have a completely different location this year.....(click the map below to en-biggen it!)
BOOTH A36:

I am right up at the North end of the square - close to City Hall!
I am excited to be at this location -- I have never been up there before!
To get ready for the show, I have A LOT of brand new work….90% of all the work is mixed media.
EXCITING!
Here is another new piece that I am excited to show…..with an old story…..so let me take you back……...you may recognize this piece….THIS it used to look like this in 2007….

At the time I was happy…..but by 2009 it STILL hadn't sold.
:-(
Now….I am fortunate that most of my work travels to new homes pretty fast…but NOT this one…..
So I thought I would rework it again…..adding a piece of metal…so it looked like this:

This time, I was THRILLED with the metal additions!
I showed it for a few more years……and then…..this week………
I totally re-jigged it…..so NOW it looks like this:

"Greener Grass", Acrylic and mixed media on wood, 10" x 30".
BLAMO!
I think it is way way way better! I think there is a lot of 'movement' in the painting…..
And it has cows!!!
COME ON!
Also there is a bunch of wood applied to it…
I WILL EAT ME HAT of this fine piece does not sell!
Could it be to you?????
I hope so!
See it (and me) in July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment