MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, January 2, 2014

WW: TOP 3'S - A 2013 REVIEW -- PART ONE!!!!!!

YES! I know it is a day late….but……..it is worth it!
I like to take stock and look back at my year in January.
Part of that is reviewing the BEST of my Wonderful Wednesday posts!
So I have compiled this list….of my top 3's….I am making this a MEGA post - because there was so much COOL stuff this last year….so much - that I am breaking it up into (at least) 2 parts…...
ENJOY!

1.) I Want to go there!!! Here are my top 3 places I wanted to visit last year…..

    A) -The Chic & Basic Ramblas Hotel is located few steps away from the emblematic  
           Barcelona’s Ramblas. This hotel wants you to "reminisce about the thrills of a genuine cultural
           Spanish period".



See more photos of it HERE:
 http://robcroxford.blogspot.ca/2013/02/ww105-chic-hotel-oscar-reinvented-and.html


or at http://freshome.com/

       B) SPOOKY - BUT AH-MAH-ZING!!!! This is the HR Giger bar located at the museum of the
            famous sci-fi artist in Gruyeres, Switzerland.



        C)   Macalister Mansion in Malaysia! This new boutique hotel is a 100 year old historic mansion -- adapted into a modern and hip locale!


2.) Vintage lovers UNITE! I love all three of these facebook pages of great photos of retro cities:

      A) Check out Vintage London's Facebook Page. It is really really really GREAT!
Here is a sample of some of the AH-MAH-ZING photos you can see on this Facebook page:

      B) Vintage Toronto Facebook page:



      C) Also amazing.….VINTAGE LOS ANGELES Facebook Page:




3.) These are 3 places that were delicious for dinner this year!!!

    A) Rashers in Leslieville is delightful for a takeaway nosh!! MMMM BACON!



I had the bacon sliders. One was bacon, white cheddar and their special 'brown sauce'. The other was bacon, brie and beer mayo. HELLO!!! Yummers.



     B) Go to Hamilton to enjoy  Incognito Restaurant & Wine Bar. The food is good enough to
          keep us coming back again and again!!!! 


         C) CheeseWerks. Cheesey delighfulness!!!!!

You can choose one of the 4 dishes - and then decide on how you want it styled. We did share-seys! The Houston Mac and Cheese and the Los Angeles Grilled Cheese:



4.) This year on the boob tube there were 3 that really jumped out at me……

     A) Bates Motel. I really like this show. First.......I like the artwork for it. It is creepy and lovely:


Bates is made by the folks at Lost and Friday Night Lights. So the story is good. Creepy - and good. it stars Freddie Highmore as a young Norman Batesand and Vera Farmiga as his mother. BOTH of these actors do a SPECTAULAR job!!!!!!! I love them in this!

     B) American Horror Story Coven. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH…..is it gory? 
         A tiny bit. Is it worth it……OH HECK YA!!!!!



SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jessica Lange is so great in this one! But the supporting cast is great too!!!
Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, Frances Conroy Lily Rabe, Emma Roberts, Denis O'Hare, Kathy Bates Angela Bassett Patti LuPone, Gabourey Sidibe, Christine Ebersole, and Mare Winningham

CRAZY cast! Each so talented!

      C) BROADCHURCH - had me on the edge of my seat! A GREAT murder mystery!!!!!!!


Broadchurch is a classic British whodunnit! It is just too brilliantly acted to ignore. Honestly, I kept thinking....oh....he did it......no she did it....no...it was the butler......no......wait......IT WAS CRAZY!!!!
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE SEASON!!
 It is a MUST MUST MUST SEE!!!

5.) My top 3 stoooooopid YouTube Clips:



No comments:

Post a Comment