MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, November 29, 2013

HONEST EDS and "TOYS AND TIMES" EXHIBITION

Happy Friday!
I am a busy boy!!
First…I wanted to share this new painting:
"Eds", Acrylic on canvas, 30" x 24"
So…let's talk about it!
As you know, soon Honest Eds will be no more. Sad? Undeniably!
But I think we should celebrate the life and times of this institution!!!!!
This painting is my away of remembering it!
The 'poster' part was SUPER HARD to get right….but after a lot of repaints, I think I got it just right!!!
The background is obviously the Bathurst Subway tile.
Also on this painting…….a sign "so special" that is to resemble the GREAT signs that are all over the inside of Honest Eds!
The Turkey is because they used to give out free turkey during Christmas!
And those 'carnival lights' are like the ones in between the alley!!
I really liked this quote. ("The price of anything is amount of life you exchange for it!")
I tried 4 other quotes - but they all sounded a bit preachy…..so I thought this one was the best!
This piece, is now available with "Go West" (from Monday's post) and you can come out to see them at:

That's right! A big show of ORIGINAL WORKS!!!!
This is your chance to see a HUGE array of BOTH my "Sign of The Times" Series paintings and my "Tin Toy" Series!

"Rob Croxford’s latest exhibition has an agenda: to amuse and entertain! His "Tin Toy Series" is enjoyable for all ages, while his ‘Sign of the Times’ paintings explore the sights and the issues from the city he loves!"

Come out see both BRAND SPANKING NEW work and some crowd pleasing favourites!
This show has a NICE LONG RUN….so there is no excuse for not swinging by to check it out! ;-)

When?      Wednesday December 18th, 2013 - Thursday January 23rd, 2014 

Where?     The Miles Nadal JCC (right on the corner of Spadina/Bloor in Toronto) 

** HOURS: Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm; Saturday - Sunday 9am - 7pm

To get the prints of this painting - or of  "Go West"- or ANY of my 10 other prints, you'll need to come out to see me at the HOLIDAY ART MARKET on December 8th!



Or - go to my Etsy site!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND Y'ALL!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment