MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, July 8, 2013

MY T.O.A.E. 2013 REVIEW.....weather you like it or not!

Hello friends......both new and old.......
First, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out this weekend to The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. It was 3 days of art in the great outdoors. And by great.......I mean........not as great as I had hoped it would be!!! So, I would like to share with you my experience this weekend...through pictures.
It all starts with a full truck.......This is NOT like having junk in your trunk.

7am....Friday...time to set up in the rain.......it was VERY unpleasant.
Mostly for my long suffering husband.
As you can see....he LOVES art shows!!!

The great news was.....the rain not only rained down......but when it hits the
cement it also RAINS UP!!!!!!
F - U - N!!!!
Eventually on Friday, the rain lifted, and I was able to dry out a bit!!
Unfortunately it was a little un-busy.........
Alas.....the dry didnt last......
As you may have noticed, I had art on the OUTSIDE.....so I covered it with plastic.....
this also solved the whole raining UP 'sitch'!
But then it dried up again......and I was able to unplasticize.
Saturday.....and no rain in sight!!!!!
It was HOT HOT HOT.........and so the crowds were a little hot and bothered.....
(you can see crowds in this photo!!! ;-)

The great news was that there was LOADS of sun!
There was construction so Queen Street was closed.............
Good news.........as long as there was jackhammering.....
NO RAIN!!!!!!!
Bad news.........as long as there was no rain......
JACKHAMMERING!!!!!!!
;-)
It was 29 degrees (and 39 with the humidity)
How you feeling.....HOT HOT HOT!

Then...it began to get dark.......and all the artists start getting scared......
and the potential art buyers get in a hurry - to GEDDER DUNN!!!
THANKFULLY NO RAIN!
DAY 3: Sunday. It starts with the sun! YAAAAAH! 
But then..........just after noon.........

2pm
 

3pm......WHAMO!

4pm

5pm......I am beginning to get wet IN THE BOOTH!

6:30pm...time to pack up IN THE RAIN!

Thankfully I am the consummate professional, and handled the inclement weather
with both grace and dignity!
So that was the weekend.
I am still wringing out water from things....but I SURVIVED....as did the art!
Monday at my studio....hanging the damp work up to dry off!

The plastic needs to dry for a few days.
GOOD TIMES!!






3 comments:

  1. that totally sucks.
    but post slightly bigger photos please! I click on 'em to see more detail, and always disappointed when they're so small. I feel that I should get my money's worth from this blog.
    and this is the first time I've ever seen your hair down! it's a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But now that another day passed, aren't you feeling glad you didn't have to pack up in the kind of rain that came down Monday?

    Love the last shot of you, sodden but undefeated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Ben - I will try to make the photos bigger next time - in the meantime, I cannot EVER look at these photos again!!!
    ....and yes....I am happy I was not washed away in the flood on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete