MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, June 3, 2013

SKY WATCHING AT THE R.A.W.

Hello friends - some of you maybe new??
This past weekend, we braved the Canadian elements, and enjoyed The Riverdale Art Walk.
Here was my booth....it was a new layout....I think I liked it.

It was a pretty ok turn out, give the fact that Mother Nature was a bit schizophrenic.
Sadly, the weather is really a factor in outdoor art shows, so it was a bit disappointing in the short term.
Here were a few shots of Her mood.....



Thankfully - I am a long term thinker!
I have learned over the course of the last 18 outdoor art shows NOT to get discouraged by one less than stellar show.....there is often a week or two of 'grace time' when things can happen.....
...and if they don't, you have probably made some contacts - even if you don't know it yet!
You can never know what is coming tomorrow or next week - or next year!
I have had clients think about my work for YEARS before committing.
I know am fortunate. Each piece eventually finds the right home!
I am also VERY grateful that I get to do what I love, and that I can make a living at it.
I work hard, I paint a lot, and I try to show as much as possible!
Having said that, the outdoor shows are a bit of a test of my mental fortitude sometimes.
I would love to publish a post of all the things people say to me/about the art in my booth.
It is funny....and sometimes shockingly rude......thankfully you develop a thick skin pretty fast!!
There are a lot of people who were really receptive to my work!
It is nice that people like it. Nicer still when they choose to live with it!!!! ;-)
Here is a blog that mentioned my work this weekend. We had a lovely conversation - which is a great thing when you are in your 4th hour of hocking your wares in the park!
 Please check her blog out:
http://icelandpenny.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/eats-beats-art-plus/
 She took this photo of me......covered in dirt and sunblock! ;-)

OKAY......so if you are checking out this blog for the first time, which often happens post show,  I want to to keep checking back. I generally post 3 times weekly.
AND NOT TO WORRY - it is not all about ME ME ME!!
On Wednesdays I focus on 5 WONDERFUL things that have inspired me that week!
My post-brunch shopping trips are pretty popular - and get a good laugh....look for those.....
And yes, of course, I also post photos of my work as it progresses, and other exciting news in my illustrious art career. So enjoy my blog - comment when you can, and I hope to see you soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment