MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WW102: KATACHI, PARIS IN COLOUR, and UPPERCUP

Wonderful Wednesday........see the 5 things I LOVE this week!

1.) This is ADORABLE! Presented as part of maison et objet 2013 is rodrigo torres kastor's beaver pencil sharpener and paper weight 'kastor' for alessi is lovely!!! The design uses a simple clean form to playfully reference the wood-gnawing creature!




(thanks to designboom.com for this one)

2.) This STUNNING stop-motion video created by Japanese artist Shugo Tokumaru and called "Katachi". I love stop motion. I really do.....but I am amazed by the fact that this is all done with paper silhouettes!!!!! INCREDIBLE! The song is catchy.....although I am not as fluent in Japanese as I would like to be......


3.) These photos look like modern day photography, but thet are actually for-real coloured photographs, taken at the beginning of the 20th century!! All the images shown on THIS WEBSITE were taken using Autochrome Lumière technology. It's an early color photography process, patented in 1903 and invented by the famous French Auguste and Louis Lumière, popularly known as Lumière Brothers. They were the earliest filmmakers in history.....and the photos are ah-mah-zing:









YOU MUST CHECK OUT THE REST AT CURIOUS EGGS
(via http://curiouseggs.com)

4.)  BEFORE YOU GET TOO EXCITED......this is the UpperCup doesn't exist YET. The "UpperCup" is the brainchild of a Natwerk, a company in Amsterdam. They're currently trying to raise the funding to go into production. When they finally get the dough, I will HAVE TO HAVE IT!!! I mean, seriously, my Star Wars Angry Birds isn't gonna play itself....while I drink my latte!


(check out the video below of it in action!!!)

Uppercup - The first cupholder for the iPhone. Order yours now at: indiegogo.com/uppercup from Natwerk on Vimeo.

(Thanks to Cindy and Dale for this one
via http://www.buzzfeed.com)

5.) Jimmy Kimmel makes me laugh. I LOVE that Matt Damon took over his show last week! Here are a couple little clips! To see the whole thing.......check out THIS....






No comments:

Post a Comment