MORE ABOUT ME

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SPRING LOADED........

Starting on the 4th, you will be able to see the group show I am a part of at MJG Gallery.
Here is the POST all about it.....and 2 of the 3 new pieces that I will be showing!
Deets again:


April 4th-30th.......with a wine reception on the 12th, from 7-11.
I will be there a bit later on the 12th......but I will be there!!!
MJG is located in the heart of Cabbagetown, (555 Parliament St - Just south of Wellesley)
Here is another new piece that I will be showing:




This is another of my "Mixed Message" pieces.
The barn scene is from an old commission. I then painted on top of it to make it more appealing.....

The other side I repainted based on imagery I borrowed from one of m A-Z paintings. 
There are 2 heat transfer drinks on springs that are from old A-Z Paintings.
I also attached kids wooden blocks that spell out 'loaded'. 
I had to repaint them to blend with the rest of the composition.
I then added paint washes on top to make it look complete.

Also for this show at MJG I will be showing this piece:
It is called "Melt Down" and I have only shown it once (at my "Arcade" Exhibition )
This piece is almost entirely made of reclaimed materials including:
Grommets
Bike Reflectors
Chair bumpers
Scrap wood & Caulking
Christmas blink-y lights
Melt Down, 43.5" x 22.5", Acrylic on Mixed media.
Here is the painting in ACTION:
So...that's it!!!
I sure hope to see you out on the 12th.....but if not, make sure you swing my the gallery and check it out sometime over the month!!!!
Later Gaters!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Arcade video! I am so going to own one of the lighty ones some day.

    ReplyDelete