MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, February 27, 2012

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN.....

Hey y'all.
BUSY BUSY BUSY!!
So busy, I am not gonna make idle chit chat.....I just want you the see my newest painting.
I will be showing it at The Artist Project this week.
YES!! THIS WEEK!!!
If you have not idea what T.A.P. is....read all about it in my Friday blog post HERE!
If you are already getting your tickets for the biggest indoor art event in Toronto......then feast your eyes on this:
"Strangers on a Train", Acrylic on Board, 24" x 36"
I LOVE THIS ONE!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!
I was happy with everything about this one.
Yes, the quote is ridiculous......but if you have ever ridden the subway, you KNOW the kinds of people that are "making friends"!!
I have painted an old time (1960's subway car - which was in a reddy orange colour) and an old time-y transfer (based on one from the 50's)
I used the DYMO font that I like so much, and the usual tricks and fake tape and stuff.
The background is faux bois (aka fake wood) and was a lot of fun to paint!!
(It reminded me of my theatre days....painting wood to look like other wood...)
Anyways.....so come out and see this one LIVE        LIVE         LIVE!!!
You will like it better in person!
;-)
THE ARTIST PROJECT INFO AGAIN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment