MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WW40: XMAS

1.) OK......in the spirit of Chrismas, and list making, there are 3 lists I want you to check out for a laugh maybe save one for each of the next few days?.....(#2 may not be kid friendly)


 ONE - Top 12 ugliest Christmas sweaters:






 http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/the-12-all-time-ugliest-christmas-sweaters/

 TWO -  21 UPSETTING Holiday ornaments!

 http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/21-upsetting-christmas-tree-ornaments

 THREE  - 35 Awesome Holiday Album covers:




http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/35-awesome-holiday-album-covers




2.) “Christmas in America” is Jesse Rieser's photographic exploration of the big festive day! This is a Christmas that is complex and at times, uncomfortable. It’s awkward and sometimes bleak. But it is also sincere and celebratory, colorful and creative. Here is how he explains it: 


"Initially inspired by the absurdity of a five story inflatable Santa who appeared to be guarding a tree lot, I have launched this survey of uniquely American Christmas traditions. “Christmas in America” is an unvarnished examination of the ways people mark the holiday’s meaning. "I am excited to share my latest series, Christmas in America, Happy Birthday, Jesus. This new series is an on-going effort which will take place in a different city and region every year. The first chapter takes me to the state of Arizona where my family now resides.  Like all personal series, I have collaborated with celebrated fine art photography consultant and educator, Mary Virginia Swanson for my final edit.  Click here to see the series in its entirety explaining the concept and themes behind my project."









3.) AS many of you may know, I LOVE cookies. Truthfully, I love ANY kind of sweet.....but I give you a a few cookies that I love this holiday season!


My sister made these ADORABLE holiday mice from chocolate and cherries, a hershey's kiss and some almond slivers! Aren't they adorable??

The rest of these are from Bakerella! (check out here site AGAIN!!)





4.) There is NOTHING like Christmas in the city. New York City especially!! Check out these SPECTACULAR 2011 holiday windows in NYC!
Barney's ode to Gaga
BERGDORF GOODMAN'S - "Carnival of the Animals" Windows this year:




Sak's 5th Ave 

Or maybe you might enjoy this display on the outside of Sak's 


Finally, I give you Macy's!






Thanks to http://www.infofornyc.com for these photos!!!


OK THIS ONE IS NOT FOR KIDS!!!

Sorry A.I.N.B.

(there is excessive swearing!)



5.) Finally....I give you "Twas the night before Christmas". Ok....so it is the "Drunk
 History" version......but still, it is pretty festive!! (If you haven't seen the other 'Drunk History' episodes.....treat yourself to THAT this Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I guess I'm going to have to return that sweater. Now what am I going to get you for xmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika.....you can just get me cash.
    OOOOH HOW I LOVE IT!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete