MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, October 7, 2011

FARMERS FEED CITIES

Well here is the day you have been waiting patiently for. Ok, maybe not all of you...
Perhaps just a handful of you......anyways......
After almost 3 months of not painting, and weeks of procrastination, I give to you my newest work!
It is called "Farmers Feed Cities". The name and posted within the painting are inspired by the 'Farmers Feed Cities' campaign. Check out their website HERE


Farmers Feed Cities is committed to increasing the understanding of the value that farmers contribute to Ontario’s economic physical and social health. Farmers Feed Cities is committed to ensuring a sustainable future for farmers in Ontario.

As you may know, I am only a generation away from the farm myself, and so these issues are near and dear to my heart. Here is how the painting happened:

Yes, this canvas was donated to me!
Thanks Cindy!

Step one...base coats and stencilling!

Later I block in some of the colour washes.

Ok, you got me.
There was a LOT that happened since the last photo! 
Blocking the other elements in.

The details go in.
My reference is stuck up to help!
So, as you can see, this piece is pretty involved. Each piece of imagery had to be conceived and designed. The matchbook cover - which I think is worthy of note (for it's details)
COME ON!!
How adorable.....and the "O" that dots the i in Diner.
Here is the final piece.
(as always you can click on it to enlarge it)

"Farmers Feed Cities", 36" x 24", Acrylic on canvas. 
I am entering it into The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Art Show 2011.
Hopefully I get juried in, and you can come and see it there!

6 comments:

  1. very cool, Rob. thanks for showing your process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!!! I love the gossipy little piggy too!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, sure to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome & inspiring as always Rob!
    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!
    Your comments are most appreciated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIIKKKKKKAAAAAOctober 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM

    Je love!

    ReplyDelete