MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, September 26, 2011

....OFF TO WORK WE GO.....

HI HO!
Well, it's a new week, and God willing this is the week I put paint to canvas.
NO REALLY!!!
BUT until I have something new to show you, I need to share something else!
Like this GREAT story and cool retro artwork.
Ty Mattson created some posters inspired by "Dexter" (the bloody good t.v. show).
He designed them as 'fan art'....
The next day Showtime called....yes.....SHOWTIME......and then he wound up releasing limited editions of the prints through Showtime.
Then he got to meet all the cast/creative from the show.
Target featured his work in every copy of the season 5 DVD!!
Think that is enough??
HECK-TO-THE-NO!
Then they filmed an interview with him for the DVD bonus footage.
By this time, his posters were recognized in several design annuals and magazines
Finally he got to do a walk on ON THE SHOW!!!!!!
Crazy huh??
Here are the posters that started it all:






AND THEN HE MADE NEW TITLES FOR THS SHOW USING HIS GRAPHICS....





So what is the moral of this story?
1. Do what you love. 
2. You never know what is around the corner
3. Make your own opportunities
4. all of the above

It was super inspiring for me!



2 comments:

  1. A great post!! I have to share this!! A.I.N.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Rob, for the morals.
    I expesially like number 1.

    ReplyDelete