MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WEDNESDAY #10.....

Can you believe I have been doing this for ten weeks now??
It is not a huge milestone, but I plan to celebrate it with a drink.
Ok....I will celebrate almost ANYTHING with a drink.
It's Wednesday! = drink!
I just ate the last of the bread! = drink!
The house is filthy! = DRINK!
I think you get the idea! ;-)
Ok.... so anyways, here is my list of 5 this week.

1.) Josephine Cleo.

I was at her show on Sunday evening, and she dedicated a song to me. I was so incredibly touched! I was trying not to do the ugly Oprah cry.

Josephine was great. Such an entertaining show - I laughed and cried. It had great stories and great songs. She just has a LOVELY VOICE......very powerful....YEOWSA!

Check her out here.

I know I should have posted this last week.....but I am sure she will perform again....so just wait for me to promote the crap out of that show!! I just love her!






2.) Steampunk. What is Steampunk? It is a is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction. Steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used, often Victorian era, and incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them. It asks the question, "If technology existed for Victorian Era designers to build , what would it look like?". Where can be anything from ships and cars, to mp3 players and computers. Steampunk also mixes a futuristic spin on fashion and style. Steampunk is a culture, a fashion, and a style of art. It is also super fun. (and a tad bit geeky...but I can't help but love the theatrics of it!) Check out some cool Steampunk stuff:












3.) This crazy apartment in Hong Kong is sooooooo small (350 sq feet!!!)...it makes me feel so much better about my tiny house! Check it out: 


4.) Dan Bob Thompson
Super cool illustrative work. Here is his bio:
I graduated from Cal Arts with a BFA in Animation. This was followed by a nine year stint at Disney. For the past three and a half years I have been working at Cartoon Network. I always look forward to designing a new illustration in my studio which you can check out at danbobthompson.blogspot.com


And here are some photos of his work:




5.) Eva Cassidy. I forgot how much I love her music!!! She was an extraordinary singer that was taken from us far too early.  This is the song Josephine Cleo sang to me on Sunday.......you TRY not to cry. I dare you!


Or this one.....it kills me how sad she is:
one last cry:

For more from her....go to the YouTube playlist.

Ok.....and here is a bonus #WW item - so you wont feel like killing yourself after Miss Eva:

6.) Funny or die has some great videos.....I was enjoying "Nurse Jackee" and "Haus of Gaga" or this one - an oldie but a goodie:
There you go for another week.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Robbie, how I love you! Thanks for the kind words about me and the show. I also cried when I heard the Eva Cassidy song, but the words were perfect for you and me.
    I love the video you posted about the man in Hong Kong. Holy Moly!! That is an ingenious house, I wonder how much it cost? It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments cheepay!! I bet that little 330 sq foot apartment was expensive too! It makes my house seem palatial!!!!

    ReplyDelete