MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

(imagine I said that in my best monster truck show voice)
It's wonderful, and it is that time again!!
Let's get to it. This has been a difficult week to be upbeat, given the political climate.....but my friends, we must persevere! So, in the spirit of positivity, here are my top 5 interesting things of the week!!


1.) These structure/sculptures are cool!! They were commissioned by former Yugoslavian president Josip Broz Tito in the 60's and 70's and commemorated sites where WWII battles took place, or where concentration camps stood. After the formerYugoslavian Republic dissolved, they were abandoned and now stand as sad and spooky reminders of the past. I LOVE THEM!!!! Read more about them and see all 25 of them on this blog: CRACK TWO 



Love how horrible it looks!!!

So depressing!!

This has a bit of Easter Islandness about it

Many of the structures look space agey-y like this!!!

Insert Star Wars joke here.....
Thanks to Miss Erika for sending me this link...it is SUUUUPER UBER cool!!


2.) This company seems to collect old photos and resell them. I have enjoyed browsing their site for HOURS and HOURS.....I encourage you to waste some time AT SNAPITORIUM!!



I like all the marker over momma's face....I assume this was not her best attempt at eyebrows...
Showin a little leg.....yee haw!!
Hula-la!!!
I am not sure this is working.......he has scrawny arms. There. I said it. 
This is fabulous........and super gay!!
3.) I am not reading a good book right now....but I am enjoying listening to lots of great music. Hey do you like a little afternoon Burt? Are you a fan of Ronan Keating? Are you caught between the moon and New York City?? Well You should check out "When Ronan Met Burt"
It is Ronan Keating singing the hits of Burt Bacharach. It is super, here is a sample:
Love it!

4.) You know how I want to marry vintage fonts? But I can't, because I am already married? Well here is a book that I could have an affair with is very lovely. I am hoping that maybe a friend or wealthy patron would like to buy it for me. it is called custom lettering of the 40's and 50's. Let me share some screenshots:




This book is a STEAL at $31.35 and ships for free with Super Save Shipping at Amazon.ca. If you love vintage lettering like I do, this book is a MUST. 
FYI my birthday is in September! ;-)

5.) Lastly, husband and I are planning a trip to NYC. I love New York ESPECIALLY for the theatre!! There are a bunch of things we are gonna see. This is one of them!! "Sister Act: The Musical" Yes. You heard me. I got the West End (England) soundtrack over a year ago, and I have worn it out! It is super fun. If you like some musical comedy, and enjoyed hits from "The Little Mermaid" and "Little Shop of Horrors", you will love this. I am sooooo looking forward to these crazy nuns!! Here is a preview:

There ya go! Happy Wednesday!
And hey, tell a freidn to check out this blog too!
HECK, tell two!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment