MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

REPAINT......AGAIN?????

Ok. I know what you are thinking. Last year I announced that I seldom repaint work.
That often by planning my drawings on photoshop, I can get a clear indication of what the completed work will look like - and make changes to the composition BEFORE I paint.
Hold on to your hats here.....
I am a ten-cent LIAR.
Well....maybe a six-cent liar.......often my compositions work before I paint them, but there are exceptions.
This painting is an exception:

"Frigid", Acrylic on Board, 30" x 40", c. 2008
Now, don't get me wrong. I like it. I just don't love it.
And for me it HAS to be LOVE!!!!
I am nothing if not a perfectionist.
And to be honest, i have very few paintings that are still around after 3 years.
So, I went back to the drawing board.
A total re-imagining!.
I like the landscape bit, I just wanted to make it look a bit more interesting visually.
Here is what I came up with:
NEWLY (RE)PAINTED. "Snow Flake", Acrylic and mixed media on Board, 30" x 40"
AS you can see, I made it more current by adding a sexy lady, and lots of 'layers' of stuff.
I added some bottle caps and snowflakes as well as the wooden 'scrapbook corners'.
I also popped up the colours in the landscape.
BAM!
I also gave it a funnier quote.
I LOVE IT!!!!
I am showing this newly repainted piece at The Artist Project, the first weekend in March.
What do you think?
Much improved??

No comments:

Post a Comment