MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, January 10, 2011

NEW DRAWING AGAIN.....

Well, it has been a painfully slow start to the new year.
I was hoping to have begun painting by now, but I have been busy with Ellen drawing and such.
I don't make it a practice to show y'all my renderings, BUT since I have not painted anything yet, and I need to post SOMETHING, I would give you another snapshot of what I am beginning.
Here is the drawing:
So it has similar elements to my other pin up girl painting.
It is mixed media. The lady will be painted on masonite and applied to the background
The poster of 'startling stories' will be painted right on the background canvas with pained 'Trompe-l'œil'
(aka fool the eye) tape holding it on - it will look all weathered and folded....
I am trying a new font too - to look like old dyno-label maker.....
The computer module that she is sitting on is gonna be 3-d with applied bits and bobs.
I think I will put more flat graphic looking stuff on the background too.
I just had to have a skeleton of a drawing so I could start. It has taken 3 days to draw/computer render this drawing. Each element had to be drawn and then coloured and then imported to photoshop.
Truthfully, I am tired of it. Which means it is time to put paint to canvas.
So it is still a work in progress, and I will post pictures as I go along.
Look back soon for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment