MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, December 24, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS: DARKER DAYS

WELL, IT IS CHRISTMAS EVE......I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT NIGHT.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow. I hope you are not shovelling too much!!
And on Christmas day, try not to think about your pocket book after all the presents are open and the carnage is spread across the floor. Think of how happy everyone is...and then have some rum and  eggnog!!! Merry Christmas faithful readers!!
I figured, there is no better way of celebrating how great our life is today (despite the economy)
than to look back into the past. I found this SUPER INTERESTING article and some spectacular photos. I wanted to share them with you. They are from the Denver Post:

The article is called "Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943".

The images, by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, are some of the only colour photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America’s rural and small town populations. The photographs are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit "Bound for Glory: America in Color".
Tell me these are nothing short of stunning.
You can see a bunch more HERE
Such a great composition. I would like to paint this scene!

THIS I HAVE HAVE HAVE to paint! 

I love the sign-work in this!

LOVE THE CARNIVAL FREAKSHOW BANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

HAY!

Small town America looks exactly like small town Canada!

Pretty.

SO GREAT! I neeed to paint this too!!!! NEEEEEEEEEED TO!

Creepy.

The real wild west. So weird to see it in colour, huh?

You know how I love signage!!!

WOW.

I love this one too! Mono-chromatic never looked so good!

Well?
Are they spectacular, like I promised????
What do you think? Please comment.
Please.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment