MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, November 15, 2010

PUTTING THE 'CULTURE' IN AGRICULTURE

Hello again!
Here is the other part of the Royal for me.
Yearly, they have a call to enter the art exhibition at the Royal.
This is my second year as part of this.
Normally, I would not classify myself as a farm/rural painter, but since I am only one generation away from my families farm, and since I do paint a LOT of old barns in my Landscape Series, I thought it was a good fit. Here is the piece that I entered this year:
"A New Ending" 24" x 18", Acrylic on Board and Metal. 
This piece, is a perfect fit for the mandate of the Royal. City meets farm. I like the quote a lot.
"You can't go back and start a new beginning, but you can start today and make a new ending."
So, here is what the Royal's Arty Exhibition looked like this year:
Baaaautiful!




HOLY COW!


This piece was very unique too! It was sandblasted glass.
The foreground is animals and the background was Toronto and a streetcar.


Brigitte Nowak was demonstrating. It was great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment